Saturday, October 12, 2002

So I've totally been called out on my inability to update my blog.

(Sorry, Will.)

I've been in a really weird mood of late. Just last week I was *so* torn up about my job and how unhappy I am. Now, it's as if I was never in a depressed state about anything. I dunno. . . maybe it was the cathartic crying session that I had the other day in which I spent several hours blubbering?

For reasoning on my wailing? See: Dissatisfaction with employment.

I bet that most people don't wish for more responsibility at their jobs the way that I do.
I wish the title of assistant manager that, hmmm... everyone carries... had some meaning. That would be a nice start. Second, it would be nice if my boss had a little faith in her employees and would just go ahead a take a week vacation. I think she envisions the place falling to pieces without her daily presence. The truth of the matter is that the day to day store operations would probably run a hell of a lot smoother if she wasn't around. Of course, that would mean that she would have to deal with some of her own personal demons, which at the age of at least sixty. I don't think she's ready to tackle. (um, right.)

- - -

George Bush is quickly making the world into a place where war is the answer to the guy who steps on your shoe or "looks at you wrong." Sure. America. Big and mighty. Always putting our nose where it doesn't belong. Doing it for decades. With our current rationale we can just waltz in, or cruise missile our way in, and take what we want. Right? Opening the door for many a nation to follow suit because, "Hey, if it's good enough for the 'World's Only Superpower' it's good enough for us!" Puh-lease. Can we keep our foreign policy agenda above the level of middle school lunch room fights? As far as I can tell, the consequences are going to be far greater than Saturday school or a three-day suspension.

My childhood nightmares of Red Dawn gone horrible personal are soon to reappear. I hope Patrick Swayze doesn't try to Dirty Dance with me again. WOLVERINES!!!!!

No comments: