Friday, April 22, 2005

in the begining...

So, I've really been getting into Peter Gabriel and Genesis.

i just need to track down the Birdy OST and Passion album...
and then decide if i'm really interested in any of the live albums.

As far as Genesis goes... I'm just diving headlong into Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. This may take weeks/months to fully digest and appreciate, although if what I've read on the interweb is correct... ALL 475 PAGES OF IT... I may only have to pay attention to half of it?

In the meantime, I'm working on an illustrated button set of PG's different costumes/hairstyles/identities in his Genesis days.
It'll consist of: "Foxy," The Watcher, Slipperman, "Flower," Magog/"OldMan," Torbillion, "Scary Triangle Head," and
"White Face/Fucked Hair/Jesus Crown."

[If you know the correct names for any of the personalities... lemme know, eh?]
Interested in a set?

Here's some crazy old footage of the Genesis' "Best Line-up" (Gabriel/Hackett/Banks/Collins/Rutherford) from Belgium TV,
to show why I'm currently obsessed.

No comments: