Tuesday, March 04, 2003

I was supposed to find out whether I got the job yesterday, but I didn't receive a phone call so I had prepared myself for the worst. Erin told me that I shouldn't worry about it and that I would probably get a call today... either way. What made me think that I didn't get the job was how implicitly clear my interviewer had made that they would call on Monday. So, I figured my phone call would be one of, "Thanks for interviewing, but we chose another candidate."
I was prepared.

Home phone rang at 8:15.
I was awake, but still pretty much still nestled and comfy in bed.
I wouldn't usually jump up to get the phone, so I didn't today either.
I should have. It was Halle from Bronson. She rattled off something that I really didn't catch, said she needed to talk to me, she had good news.
I was pretty reserved at first, but then just kept going "YEAH!" and pumping my fist.
My cell phone rang a few minutes later and I grabbed it up.
I talked with Halle for a few minutes. I'm supposed to get another call from her today.
Letting me know what my starting wage will be and when I'm going to start.
It will either be the 17th or the 24th. I'm geeked either way.

Now for the fun part.
Telling Dean I'm leaving the News Agency.
More on that later.

Oh, by the way, the job is in IT Administration.
I'm 2nd shift (3-11pm) Associate Tech for Data Operations.
Full benefits--medical, dental, optical as well as gym and spa usage.

No comments: