Thursday, March 20, 2003

So far, this week has been a big waste.
I've not really done anything of worth except for going to get my shots at Bronson.
"Getting my shots" makes me sound like a household pet, and honestly that's how I've been acting this week. Lying about. Barking at the neighbors. Listening to music. Reading. Watching television. Thinking about the impending, and now active war.

One thing, and one thing only on the war. Last night after our initial missle attacks Bush-baby came on the TV reiterating the hope that this will be a short war, that we have a coalition of forces, and that our aim is to oust the tyrannt. One thing that really caught my attention was the word "defense." I'm pretty sure I gave a resounding "bullshit!" response to the talking head. Now don't jump down my throat for not getting the exact quote, I'm sure I could jump over to NYTimes.com and get the exact text of the speech but I'm not going to. Defense. We're not defending ourselves. We're attacking... Attacking now to prevent some attack that may happen in the future. This is pre-emption. Not defense. Get your new fangled foreign policy straight, please.

I can still make this a worthwhile week.
Today I need to do some laundry, send out some e-mail, figure out what the hell I want to do for my birthday, and continue working on some wedding stuff.

Tunes: Talking Heads--Remain in Light/Fear of Music/More Songs About Buildings and Food,
Ted Leo & the Pharmacists--Hearts of Oak, Cursive--The Ugly Organ, 349 random iPod songs.

Read: This Must Be The Place (Talking Heads bio)

No comments: