Tuesday, October 07, 2003

So, I haven't updated in a while... sorry.

Work has been a real bummer of late.
I still enjoy the work, but we're without a supervisor and getting hit from all sides with issues that in all honesty, can only be dealt with by an authority figure.
My interview for this position comes on Thursday. I have mixxed feelings about it. I really know I could put the extra money to good use... and seemingly more importantly, I know I could do a good job, but I don't know that I want to have to deal with some of the extra bullshit that will come with the job.

I know, I know... I should finally grow up and accept some responsibilty...
Sure, I appreciate that view, and it'd be nice... but the crap that I know I'd have to deal with from my manager. *ugh* I'm not sure that I want it.

Her main problem... she's hasty and she doesn't listen.
The other day she came down to our office to chat with us, and it took me raising my voice several decible levels and protruding neck veins before she would stop trying to interrupt me.
Then she tried to calm the situation by telling me I didn't need to "get all worked up over nothing." I wouldn't get pissed if I felt I was actually communicating with her. She's one of those people that wait for their turn to talk. Prepping their next statement without listening first. Excuse me for being frustrated. Excuse me for caring.

...more later. I've got errands.

No comments: