Friday, November 28, 2003

So, we're working on our second snowfall of the season.
This should amount to lots of fun driving on the roads today.
Luckily, I am planning on going nowhere near any major shopping outlets.

Snowfall + busiest shopping day of the year + Michigan drivers = disaster!

I do, however, need to get my mopeds and bikes moved TODAY!!

Fun Facts about Paul Schrader's 1997 film Light of Day:

Hollywood Video at Lovers and Cork has it. That is if you can find it in their jumbled up mess of VHS Tapes. I understand that VHS tapes are not as popular as they once were, but what the hell ever happened to ALPHABETICAL ORDER!?!?!? REALLY!!!

Bruce Springsteen wrote the title track "Light of Day"

The best song in the film is the Joan Jett song, "This Means War"
But not the version that the Barbusters, (the band that Fox and Jett play in.)
Rather the "sax-ified" version that makes it sound like a Christmas song!!
It goes rather well with the landscape of a snowy Cleveland.

Michael J Fox has the best hair in this film. THE BEST!!!
He looks like he can actually play guitar... I dunno, maybe he actually can.
He's not too bad of a singer, although I'd definitely keep him on back-ups.
Oh wait, that's right, he does play guitar...
I remember a certain Chuck Berry song in Back to the Future.
I don't remember why he might have said "Yes" to this script.

Joan Jett does what she does best. Sing... and look like she's a mid-west townie, destined to a bar band lifestyle. Although I was somehow turned on by her mullet.

This movie also features, as Guy Picciotto of Fugazi would say...
"Gen-ah Rrrrrrr -ah- lands!!"

Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails fame gets some screen time as a member of the synth-pop band, The Problems (or "cut rate concept rock" as they are referred to in the film)
Nice shirt, and hair-do... BUT, who the hell plays their keyboard angled away from themselves at a 45 degree angle? Is that so the audience can see you playing something that doesn't even look like it goes along with the music coming out of the speakers?

Someone at IMDB.com described it as "OverScripted Morality Play."
...and yup, that pretty much describes it. It's the kind of shit that makes me tear up, even though I'm hating every minute I'm watching and I'm only watching because I thought it would be hilarious. Damn you, overscripted morality play!

No comments: